(This is for a class assignment, had to make a blog post about bullying)
In Maryland, the news released that 2 teenage girls were accused with sexually assaulting and bullying a 16 year old autistic boy. The girls allegedly at one point held a knife up to the kids throat and forced him to perform sexual acts. Now it isn’t stated if the boy was performing sexual acts on any of the girls, but out of the two girls, the 17 year old is being charged with assault and child pornography. I see so many people say that only girls are taken advantage of and molested, but it happens to many boys too. The boy told his mom that he had no idea that the girls were doing anything bad to him and that he thought that they were just being nice and his friends. The other girl who is 15 is being held in juvenile, told police that it was a part of a “game”. In my opinion both of these girls should just be thrown in jail so they can see how it feels to be helpless.
I for one can vouch that no matter what type of bullying it is, bullying really has a tremendous affect on the persons mind. It degrades them and makes the feel worthless. At one time in my life in highschool, I was at a very low point mainly because people kept making fun of the fact that my voice hadn’t dropped or I was really short and skinny. It became so bad that there were days I got off at bus stops far from my home and ended up walking home so I didn’t have to deal with the bus bullying. There were days that I wish I didn’t wake up. There were days I contemplated killing myself just because I let some idiots tell me who I was as a person. If this happens to anyone, let me give you some advice that helped me.
1. TELL YOUR PARENTS - While you may think they won’t understand, 9 times out of 10 they will. While they may not make it easier to deal with, they’re good to have a shoulder to cry on.
2. Surround yourself with people who care about you: Find friends. Yes. You can find friends, it may be hard, but believe me, someone out there will love you for you.
3. Cry. - I say this because I often would let thing bottle up inside of me. Crying can be sad, but it’s a good way to relieve stress. Don’t be afraid to cry.
4. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Even if you’re going to get your ass kicked, people will see that you stand up for yourself and will eventually leave you alone because its no more fun if you get a good punch or slap in there. (With that said, avoid violence if you can)
5. NEVER Result to bullying back. - While the temptation may be strong to bully someone who bullies you, do not. That makes you no better than him/her.
6. If anyone EVER touches you in an act of bullying, that is ASSAULT. You have EVERY right to defend yourself. (Warning: Since the school system sucks, you will also be suspended for fighting, but in the eyes of the law you will be innocent if you tell them you were a victim of ‘unwanted physical contact’ and that you felt threatened.